Thursday, November 14, 2013

Intro

Just a little idea I had.
What would my “hit” rate be if I took random and wide ranging guesses, some somewhat educated, others not so much on what will happen. Personally, or in the political sphere, historically, regarding entertainment or pop culture, business/finance, anything that struck my fancy for whatever reason. Long term, short term, micro-term. Locally, nationally, globally, cosmologically.
Pundits and business reporters do it all the time, and they have scholarship or expertise on their side, or are expected to in some degree. Seldom are their guesses or predictions reviewed. Jon Stewart’s take-down of his old friend Jim Cramer comes to mind as an exception.
This is different in that I claim no scholarship, no research (or no real research), no expertise, nothing but a gut feeling of where things appear to be going. Just the way they seem to me. Personally.
This is a passing idea of mine, a lark, really. I’m not even sure how to “flesh it out”, or how to begin, or where to go, or what the rules will be. I hope these all develop and evolve as I go forward.
Any post I make will have a time stamp on it. I can edit, but I mean to edit only for typos, or to comment or expand on a thought, and should (when I remember) put a date and time on the edits.
That’s about it. That’s the whole of the idea. Only one way to find out. And that’s to begin.

2014-Democrats will take a stronger control of the Senate, and will narrow their deficit in the House, if not take the majority. Hillary Clinton will be making more moves to ready herself to jump into the presidential election of 2016. With prodding from supporters, Elizabeth Warren will still refuse to throw her hat in the ring. Her Senate career and reputation will flourish.

The ACA, or “Obamacare” will still be on shaky ground going into the election cycle. Ultimately (no time schedule) it will either succeed, or evolve into universal, single-payer health care.

And…that’s enough for tonight (this morning).
See? Nothing much. Easy enough to predict that my predictions will lean toward my liberal side and may just dive into pitiful wish-fulfillment. So be it. I hope to have some surprises here and there. Not all is politics. We’ll see how it goes.

I can’t guarantee frequency of posts, but I’ll try to stay up on this as time allows. And I’ll keep you updated by way of FaceBook.

Thanks for peeking in.
PS: For in depth analysis, I predict that you're going to want to go elsewhere.

3 comments:

  1. I got $20 says Warren is the nominee.

    I love this idea and cannot wait to lose money to you arguing your WAGs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah. She's smart enough to know that her gig in the Senate is pretty sweet. And a lock for as long as she wants it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I'll take that bet. If you're still serious.

    ReplyDelete

"And if California slides into the ocean, like the mystics and statistics say it will, I predict this hotel will be standing until I pay my bill"