Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cleaning Up

It's time to check in on my "hit" record on these Wild Ass Guesses. Why? Because it's late, I'm up, and I just went through the past posts to review.

Let's see....:

Rhino Virus. Missed by a mile. My cold came and went within a week, and I had time to catch another 48 hour bug that passed with a bit of distress about a month later. I'm an old wreck of a human being, but the colds are at bay at least.

"Off" and "On". Meh. About average. I'd call it close.

Celebrity Deaths. What did you expect? Of course that one is on. That's not a guess. That's statistics (an art I'm not even close to understanding, BTW). Whatever. There's a lot of old celebs. And young reckless ones.

TV News Distraction Alert. Never heard another peep about it. Anyone else? Miss.

Next Ten Years. We have a ways to go. So far, so good.

Readership. Comes and goes depending on my diligence, which is always lacking. Mostly goes... Meh.

MacGillicuddy's Reeks. I just hope someone enjoyed the tune.

Paul Simon Was Right. Well, what did you expect? Of course he was.

Nontipping Homophobe. Screwed that one up entirely. Never expected the server to be a duplicitous psycho.

Dr. Ben Carson. Dead on.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/10/ben-carson-nazi-germany_n_4761388.html
My Right Wing Competition. I'm not doing so great, but they set the bar low. Piece of cake.

Speaking of Prognosticators. She's still dead, last I heard. The other two? We probably won't get that lucky.

THIS is Our Future. Still pending. But, yeah.

Sylvia Brown, Fraud, Con is Dead. Still dead. I'm not privy to her book sales tallies, but I'm sure her necrophiliac fans are keeping her corpse financially afloat.

Snowfall. I'm no meteorologist, that much is certain.

NCAA Football Champions. Nailed it. Still don't know or care who won.

$60,000. Nailed it. Still under-reported environmental rape going on all over the place. Still no damage to the bottom line of any company or anyone going to jail.

Memo to many in West Virginia: Don't drink the water

Prison Population Will Continue to Grow and Show Profit. Well, yeah. Lobbyists will win when there's money to be made. There is no vocal opposition here of any consequence, and probably won't be.

Death of Religion. Maybe 4 or 5. But it's coming faster than we think.

Battle for $15. Should be for $28, but no, it's not going to win. We're going to be screwed. It's the American Way.

The others are from this year. I may update or not... Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And if California slides into the ocean, like the mystics and statistics say it will, I predict this hotel will be standing until I pay my bill"